Kõltsu Manor, Harju County
Set amidst sand dunes, Kõltsu Manor is like something out of a fairy tale. The surrounding forests, the roar of the sea and Swiss-chalet influenced timbered architecture make this a special spot, and one practically unrivalled among Estonia’s other manors. Kõltsu Manor, also known as Wellenhof (Wave Manor), was one of the smallest estates in the historical Keila Parish, and it was established on the lands of Põllküla Manor in 1806. The villa that stands today was commissioned in 1885 by the Baroness Benedicte von Uexküll, for whom this was a favourite summer holiday spot right up to the early 20th century. She also planted an elaborate flower garden. From 1909 until the final years of the first era of Estonian independence on the eve of WWII, Kõltsu Manor belonged to the Mohrenschild family; after World War II, the manor house was home to the Klooga Young Pioneer camp.
The manor building and park were renovated in 2007–2010. The manor included quite many details from earlier years, now successfully restored: doors, windows with beautiful wooden arches, two ceramic stoves and hearths and the painted wood ceiling in the dining hall. The floor of the main hall consists of authentic parquet that was salvaged from different parts of the house, and it is now adorned by a wind rose restored according to the original design. In 2012, a bandshell was completed in the manor garden, and has since served as a venue for performances by many acclaimed musicians as well as stage productions. The ornamental garden makes a smooth transition to forest park – manicured trails and delicate arch bridges lead the way to the seashore.
The painstakingly renovated manor now hosts beautiful, dignified and memorable events. The interior, which have a capacity of 80 people, have all the necessary furniture and modern presentation equipment. The manor garden and bandshell can host concerts and performances.